Time listed is not total time volunteering. Check-in times will vary depending on your assigned location on the route.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The marathon is a Boston Marathon Qualifier, therefore runners must have as clear a route as possible to maintain goal pace. Do not pause or stop runners unless it's absolutely necessary.
• Watch for runners (Runner support is encouraged)
• Carefully stop any cars at the intersection to allow runners access to the route
• Direct runners in correct direction, street, or turn on the route to ensure they stay on course
• Make sure to wear safety vest provided, use orange flag to assist with traffic control and be visible to all runners and traffic
• Do not leave the area, relief volunteers will bring water and cover for bathroom breaks
• Course directors will provide detailed instructions and notification of final runner(s)
• Traffic control officers will be at heavily traveled intersections as an added safety measure in addition to road guards, not as replacements